- Existence: 1896
Biographical / Historical
Columbia University was founded 1754 as King's College. In 1784, the name changed to Columbia College, followed by a 1896 reorganization as Columbia University.
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
The Léonie Adams and William Troy Papers consist of correspondence, writings, teaching materials, and other papers that document the personal and professional lives of both writers and teachers. The papers span the years 1902 to 1980.
The collection of logbooks and ship's papers gathered by David Wagstaff, plus correspondence and reports concerning the Canadian salmon industry and student notebooks of Philip Kearny (1815-1862) and Thomas Richmond (d. 1859) when they were students at Columbia.