Pulman and Son Photographers
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The collection comprises 147 photographs from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with representative images of Great Britain, South Africa, New Zealand, Madeira, East Asia, and other locations (many unidentified).
The photo on the front depicts two Maori women, with names tattooed on their arms. One woman has the name "Wiremu" on her arm, and the other has "Rangitoia." The women touch foreheads, a traditional greeting.
On the reverse side is a portrait of Tawhiao, Maori King. He wears a heavy woven cloak and has elaborate facial tattoos.
Both images are signed by Pulman photo.
- Archival Object 2
- Collection 1
- Portraits 2
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain 1
- Cabinet photographs 1
- Country homes -- Great Britain 1
- Funchal (Madeira Islands) -- Pictorial works 1
- Interior decoration -- Great Britain 1
- Interiors 1
- Landscape photographs 1
- Madeira Islands -- Pictorial works 1
- Mauritius -- Pictorial works 1
- Missions -- South Africa 1
- New Zealand 1
- Photographs 1
- Portrait photographs 1
- South Africa -- Pictorial works 1
- Swartberg Pass (South Africa) -- Pictorial works 1
- Theater -- Great Britain -- 19th century 1
- Travel photography 1 ∧ less