Columbia University. College of Physicians and Surgeons
Biographical / Historical
Chartered in 1807 as an independent institution with name: College of Physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York. From 1860 until 1890 had a nominal connection with Columbia College as its Medical Dept. In 1891 incorporated as an integral part of Columbia College, which became Columbia University in 1896.