Andover Newton Theological School
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains publications by faculty of Andover Newton Theological School and its predecessors, Andover Theological Seminary and the Newton Theological Institution. These writings were gathered into the collection in order to provide a consolidated repository for the works of Andover Newton faculty.
The collection consists of sixteen Oxyrhynchus Papyri items. The most notable item (Oxy. P. 1230) relates to the New Testament text of Revelations 5,6. Other items include poetical and prose fragments, orders, contracts, receipts, letters, and a prayer.
This collection includes theses from Andover Newton Theological School, and its predecessors Andover Theological Seminary and Newton Theological Institution.
Personal papers of Backus document his professional work and include diaries, travel journals, autobiographical statements, sermons, published and unpublished writings, and extracts from readings. Collected papers include correspondence and narratives chronicling the Separate Baptist struggle for religious freedom, gathered by Backus.
The Dunstan Papers document his professional life, primarily as a faculty member at Andover Newton Theological School. The correspondence (1936-1954) is that of Dunstan and Paul S. Minear, and provides detailed accounts of the life and work of both men during that period. Minear was a professor of Biblical Theology at Yale Divinity School.
The collection documents the professional life of Nels F. S. Ferré, who was professor of Christian Theology at Andover Newton Theological School (then known as Andover Theological Seminary - 1939-1950, 1957-1965), at Vanderbilt University, and at the College of Wooster.
The Gezork papers document his professional career, including as Professor of Social Ethics and Christian World Relations at Andover Newton Theological School from 1939 to 1950 and President of Andover Newton from 1950 to 1965.
These are the official archives of Newton Theological Institution, a seminary of the Baptist Church, which formally affiliated with Andover Theological Seminary in 1965 to become Andover Newton Theological School.