Southern Medical College
- Existence: 1878-1898-
Biographical / Historical
The Atlanta Medical College was established in 1854. In 1898 the Atlanta Medical College and the Southern Medical College (organized 1878) merged to form the Atlanta College of Physicians and Surgeons. In 1913 the Atlanta School of Medicine (organized 1905) and the Atlanta College of Physicians and Surgeons merged, and the name Atlanta Medical College was resumed. In 1915 the Atlanta Medical College became the School of Medicine of the newly founded Emory University.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Call Number: Pam Coll 1
Overview: The collection contains published annual catalogs of American medical colleges, introductory addresses given by physicians at the beginning of the school year or at the beginning of specific courses, valedictory addresses given by prominent physicians at graduation ceremonies, and various ephemera. Some irregular medical institutions are represented, including homeopathic, eclectic, and osteopathic schools and some schools of dentistry. Catalogues and addresses of the Medical Institution of...