Geneva Medical College
- Existence: 1859-1872-
Biographical / Historical
The Geneva Medical College was organized as Medical Institution of Geneva College in 1834. It became Geneva Medical College in 1859. The last class graduated in 1872, when the school was moved to Syracuse under title of College of Physicians and Surgeons of Syracuse University, changed in 1875 to Syracuse University College of Medicine. On June 1, 1950 became the College of Medicine at Syracuse of the New York State University.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Medical college catalogs, introductory and valedictory addresses, and ephemera collection
Call Number: Pam Coll 1
Overview: The collection contains published annual catalogs of American medical colleges, introductory addresses given by physicians at the beginning of the school year or at the beginning of specific courses, valedictory addresses given by prominent physicians at graduation ceremonies, and various ephemera. Some irregular medical institutions are represented, including homeopathic, eclectic, and osteopathic schools and some schools of dentistry. Catalogues and addresses of the Medical Institution of...