New York University. College of Medicine
- Existence: 1935-1960
Biographical / Historical
The Medical Dept. of New York University was organized in 1841. In 1898 the Medical Dept. and Bellevue Hospital Medical College (founded in 1861) merged to form the University and Bellevue Hospital Medical College of New York University. In 1935 the name was changed to New York University College of Medicine, and in 1960 it was changed to New York University School of Medicine.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Call Number: Pam Coll 1
Overview: The collection contains published annual catalogs of American medical colleges, introductory addresses given by physicians at the beginning of the school year or at the beginning of specific courses, valedictory addresses given by prominent physicians at graduation ceremonies, and various ephemera. Some irregular medical institutions are represented, including homeopathic, eclectic, and osteopathic schools and some schools of dentistry. Catalogues and addresses of the Medical Institution of...