Western Reserve University. School of Medicine
- Existence: 1884-1967-07-
Biographical / Historical
The School of Medicine was organized in 1843 as Cleveland Medical College in cooperation with Western Reserve College, at Hudson, Ohio. In 1844 it became a department of Western Reserve College. In 1884 became the School of Medicine of Western Reserve University. The School of Medicine is now the legal successor to all the regular medical schools that have existed from time to time in Cleveland, including Charity Hospital Medical College, Medical Dept. of Wooster University and Medical Dept. of Ohio Wesleyan University.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Medical college catalogs, introductory and valedictory addresses, and ephemera collection
Call Number: Pam Coll 1
Overview: The collection contains published annual catalogs of American medical colleges, introductory addresses given by physicians at the beginning of the school year or at the beginning of specific courses, valedictory addresses given by prominent physicians at graduation ceremonies, and various ephemera. Some irregular medical institutions are represented, including homeopathic, eclectic, and osteopathic schools and some schools of dentistry. Catalogues and addresses of the Medical Institution of...