Berkeley Divinity School
- Existence: 1854
As a seminary of the Episcopal Church, Berkeley affiliated with Yale Divinity School in 1971, making it the only Episcopal seminary to be fully associated with a major research institution such as Yale University.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Call Number: RG 216
Call Number: MS 155
Overview: The papers are composed of correspondence, speeches, writings, research notes, subject files, and memorabilia which document Wilbur Cross's education, scholarship, teaching career, service to Yale University, and tenure as governor of Connecticut. The papers are Cross's personal files and do not include administrative records from Yale or from the governor's office. The papers highlight Cross's research on the development of the English novel; public reaction to his books, public appearances,...
Call Number: RG 136
Overview: Correspondence, sermons, writings, and collected material document the work of William Palmer Ladd (1870-1941), who was Dean of Berkeley Divinity School from 1918 to 1941. Of particular interest is documentation related to charges of socialism brought against Berkeley Divinity School and its Dean following a lecture on Russia delivered at the school in December 1919.