Fitts, Dudley, 1903-1968
- Existence: 1903 - 1968
Dudley Fitts (1903-1968), American poet, translator, literary critic, and educator
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
The Dudley Fitts Papers consists chiefly of writings and correspondence relating to the production of the first American edition of An Anthology of Contemporary Latin-American Poetry (New Directions, 1942).
Typescript letter, signed, declining participation in Shapiro's project on Ezra Pound, and discussing Fitts's experience editing Greek and Latin texts in Ezra Pound's Cantos.
Letters consists of eight TLS and three ALS, with envelopes, dealing chiefly with literary matters, including translations. Accompanied by three poems, typescript.
William Horace Littlefield papers related to "Portrait Drawings of Poets, and Their Manuscripts" exhibition
The records document all aspects of the production and distribution of the little magazine The Tiger's Eye, from its inception in 1947 through the decision to cease publication in 1951. Correspondence, manuscripts, and business records document the creative and editorial process, the enthusiasm of its readership, its subscription base, and the work involved in producing and distributing the issues.
- Collection 7
- Archival Object 3
- American literature -- 20th century 3
- Authors 3
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 3
- Photographic prints 3
- Authors and publishers -- United States 2
- Editors 2
- Periodicals -- Publishing -- United States 2
- American literature -- Periodicals 1
- Art -- Periodicals 1
- Audiovisual materials 1
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Born digital 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1
- Editors -- United States 1
- Editors -- United States -- 20th Century -- Archives 1
- Electronic documents 1
- English literature -- 20th Century -- Translations from Spanish 1
- Furioso 1
- Latin American literature -- 20th Century -- Translations into English 1
- Literature -- Periodicals 1 ∧ less