Jackson, Joan K.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Joan K. Jackson, as a graduate student in sociology at McGill University, began a diary on the experiences and views of her husband Stanley K. Jackson and of his fellow students to their medical education at the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The diary covers Stanley W. Jackson's third and fourth years at McGill and a year of internship at the Royal Victoria Hospital.
The papers include Joan Jackson's masters' degree research, her masters' thesis, correrspondence, presentations, grant applications, and publications, and a scrapbook documenting her successful career at University of Washington. The second part of the collection documents her role as a Class A Trustee (i.e. non-alcoholic) of the General Study Board of Alcoholics Anonymous from 1983 to 1992, incuding her presentations and publications.
- Alcoholics 1
- Alcoholics' spouses -- Washington (State) -- Seattle 1
- Alcoholics--Family relationships 1
- Alcoholism -- Washington (State) -- Seattle 1
- Alcoholism--Social aspects 1
- Alcoholism--Study and teaching 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Interns (Medical) 1
- Interns (Medicine) 1
- Medical education -- Québec -- Montréal 1
- Medical students 1
- Medical students -- Québec -- Montréal 1
- Mental health 1
- Photographs 1
- Physicians 1
- Psychiatrists 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Social medicine -- Canada 1
- Sociologists 1 ∧ less