Leighton, Clare, 1898-1989
Found in 338 Collections and/or Records:
Numbered 1 in upper right corner.
Numbered 2 in upper right corner.
Numbered 3 in upper right corner.
Numbered 4 in upper right corner.
Numbered 5 in upper right corner.
Bottom right corner torn off.
Numbered 6 in upper right corner.
Numbered 7 in upper right corner.
Numbered 8 in upper right corner.
Numbered 9 in upper right corner.
Numbered 10 in upper right corner.
Numbered 11 in upper right corner.
Numbered 12 in upper right corner.
12 half-page leaves with typed descriptions of each of the New England industries, for inclusion in the printed prospectus. With Clare Leighton's penciled corrections. All but one of these (Codfishing) are similar to the published text in the printed version.
Signed by Leighton. Labeled: Maple Sugar, 28/50; 612.
Two circular compositional studies. In the center of the page, a large drawing resembling the basic composition of the the final image, but reversed from the prints. In the upper left hand corner, a small circular drawing in which the shack is the most visible element. Empty circle in lower right hand corner.
A circular drawing in blue, white, and black, closely resembling the final image (but reversed from the prints). "Ladle" written in lower right corner.
Image is identical to Final Proof .
- Archival Object 337
- Collection 1
- Wood engravings 156
- Graphite drawings 131
- Logging -- Pictorial works 31
- Marble industry and trade -- Pictorial works 31
- Maple sugar industry -- Pictorial works 30
- Lobster industry -- Pictorial works 28
- Tobacco farms -- Pictorial works 28
- Grain -- Milling -- Pictorial works 26
- Shipbuilding -- Pictorial works 25
- Cranberry industry -- Pictorial works 24
- Agriculture -- Pictorial works 23
- Atlantic cod fishing -- Pictorial works 23
- Ice industry -- Pictorial works 20
- Whaling -- Pictorial works 19
- Queen's ware 13
- Photographs 9
- Wood-engraving 8
- Grain -- Milling 5
- Cranberry industry 3
- Ice industry 3 ∧ less