Leighton, Clare, 1898-1989
Found in 338 Collections and/or Records:
First full image in the series.
Numbered 4 in upper right corner.
No corrections visible. Numbered 5 in upper right corner.
Numbered 6 in upper right corner.
Numbered 7 in upper right corner.
Numbered 8 in upper right corner.
Numbered 9 in upper right corner.
Numbered 10 in upper right corner.
Numbered 11 in upper right corner.
Unnumbered state. Details on the edges of the ship and on the clothes of the right-most figures suggest this print comes between State 11 and State 12.
Numbered 12 in upper right corner.
Signed by Leighton. Labeled: Cranberry gathering, Wedgewood [sic] 606.
Very light, rough circular drawing of the overall composition. Labeled "Cranberrying" in upper right corner.
Circular, slightly blurry image representing the composition of the final image (but in reverse).
A circular drawing of the final image (in reverse). Beneath, two smaller circular drawings. Matted with a rectangular window for the large drawing, and octagonal windows for the smaller ones.
Detailed sketch of a barn with a fish-shaped weather vane on the roof. The bottom right corner of the page is cut away.
- Archival Object 337
- Collection 1
- Wood engravings 156
- Graphite drawings 131
- Logging -- Pictorial works 31
- Marble industry and trade -- Pictorial works 31
- Maple sugar industry -- Pictorial works 30
- Lobster industry -- Pictorial works 28
- Tobacco farms -- Pictorial works 28
- Grain -- Milling -- Pictorial works 26
- Shipbuilding -- Pictorial works 25
- Cranberry industry -- Pictorial works 24
- Agriculture -- Pictorial works 23
- Atlantic cod fishing -- Pictorial works 23
- Ice industry -- Pictorial works 20
- Whaling -- Pictorial works 19
- Queen's ware 13
- Photographs 9
- Wood-engraving 8
- Grain -- Milling 5
- Cranberry industry 3
- Ice industry 3 ∧ less