Morris, Robert, 1734-1806
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Call Number: GEN MSS 1081
Abstract: Correspondence, accounts, receipts, checks, printed currency, circular letters, printed forms filled out in manuscript, and other printed material related to American finance, currency and lotteries during and after the Revolutionary War. Series I, Currency and Public Debt Documents, includes letters by Jacques-Pierre Brissot de Warville; Albert Gallatin; John Gibson; Alexander Hamilton; Gouverneur Morris; Robert Morris, and Thomas Willing. There is a small group of letters between...
Dates: 1734-1874, bulk 1777-1790
Call Number: MS 268
Abstract: Correspondence, legal documents, financial papers and other items chiefly relating to the history of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Virginia. A large proportion of the papers concern the business affairs of Joseph Higbee of Trenton, Nathaniel Pendleton of New York, Thomas Woodruff and John Beatty, presidents of the Trenton Banking Company and Robert Morris of Philadelphia. Also in the papers are letters by several United States presidents, cabinet officers, Supreme Court justices and...
Call Number: GEN MSS 2092
The collection consists of correspondence, memoranda, accounts, and invoices relating to the activities of French diplomat and naval agent John Holker during the American Revolutionary War, as well as his private business ventures.
Dates: 1777-1821, undated
Call Number: MS 539
Abstract: The Webb papers consist of letterbooks, correspondence, journals, notebooks, orderly books, papers, and military records documenting the personal life and military career of Samuel Blachley Webb, who served in the American Revolutionary forces under Israel Putnam and George Washington. Notable correspondents include: Joseph Barrell, Silas Deane, Nathanael Greene, Alexander Hamilton, Robert Morris, Samuel Otis, Timothy Pickering, Jonathan Trumbull, George Washington, and Catharine Hogeboom...
- Merchants 2
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 2
- Account books 1
- Accounts -- United States -- 18th century 1
- Autographs 1
- Capitalists and financiers -- United States 1
- Checks (bank checks) -- United States -- 18th century 1
- Continental currency -- United States -- 18th century 1
- Debts, Public -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Debts, Public -- United States 1
- Debts, Public -- United States -- States 1
- Diaries 1
- Diplomatic and consular service, French -- United States 1
- Diplomats 1
- Finance, Public -- United States 1
- Finance, Public -- United States -- States 1
- France -- Foreign relations -- United States 1
- Husband and wife 1
- Iron industry and trade -- United States 1
- Lotteries -- United States 1 ∧ less