Chubb, Thomas Caldecot, 1899-1972
Thomas Caldecot Chubb (1899-1972), American poet and author
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
The William Rose Benét papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, printed material, and personal and family papers documenting the life and work of American author and editor William Rose Benét. The collection spans the years 1847 to 1957, with the bulk of the collection dating from roughly 1900 to 1950.
Collection material is chiefly in English; with some material in French, Italiana, Russian, and Hebrew.
The papers consist of correspondence, speeches, writings, photographs, clippings, oral history interviews, and other material documenting the personal life and professional career of Chester Bowles. Bowles' political career in Connecticut and his service as ambassador to India are detailed, as is his work as a foreign policy advisor, chairman of the Democratic Platform Committee at the 1960 national convention, and author and speaker on political affairs.
The Thomas Caldecot Chubb Papers consist almost entirely of manuscripts, typescripts and galley proofs of Chubb's published works, including Aretino, Scourge of Princes; Letters of Pietro Aretino; and Dante and His World.
Autograph manuscript copy of excerpts from Alfred, Lord Tennyson's "Recollections of the Arabian Nights".
Typescript letter, signed, responding to a query by Roberts about the publication of Chubb's book The White God and Other Poems (1920).
- Archival Object 3
- Collection 3
- American literature -- 20th century 2
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 2
- Africa 1
- American poetry -- 20th Century 1
- American prose literature -- 20th Century 1
- Asia 1
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Biographers 1
- Connecticut -- Politics and government 1
- Cuba -- Foreign relations -- United States 1
- Diplomats 1
- Economic assistance 1
- Editors -- United States -- 20th Century -- Archives 1
- India -- Foreign relations -- United States 1
- Latin America 1
- Legislators 1
- Photographic prints 1
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 1
- Politicians 1 ∧ less