Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989
- Existence: 1898-08-28 - 1989-03-27
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
The Cleanth Brooks Papers contain correspondence, manuscripts of books, textbooks, essays, lectures, and various other shorter works, classroom material, professional papers, writings of others, and personal papers which document aspects of the life and career of Cleanth Brooks.
The collection consists chiefly of writings, with a small amount of correspondence. Writings include drafts of works by Faulkner and writings of others. The correspondence consists of original letters between William Faulkner and the American writer Malcolm Cowley. Also included are papers concerning the Theatre Guild and Richard Meyers production of William Faulkner's play Requiem for a Nun.
Six TLS concerning the publication of Lewis's poems in The New Republic and his Guggenheim fellowship applications.
The verso of the letter of 1940 Jun 28 contains the typed poem, "Out in the Fields with God (Refrain Expropriated)."
The papers consist of drafts of manuscripts and related material, correspondence, photographs, and newspaper clippings documenting Warren's life from his undergraduate years until his death in 1989.
- Collection 11
- Archival Object 1
- American literature -- 20th century 6
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 5
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 4
- Authors 3
- New Yorker (New York, N.Y. : 1925) 3
- Poets, American 3
- American literature -- Southern States 2
- American poetry -- 20th Century 2
- Authors, American 2
- Literature -- History and criticism 2
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 2
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 2
- Sewanee Review 2
- Advertising copy 1
- Agrarianism 1
- American drama -- 20th Century 1
- American fiction -- 20th Century 1
- American literature -- Women authors 1
- American poetry 1 ∧ less