Wheeler, Monroe, 1899-1988
- Existence: 1899-02-13 - 1988-08-14
Monroe Wheeler (1899-1988), American publisher and museum coordinator.
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
The Harrison of Paris records document the output of the short-lived fine press and include drafts of texts, setting copy, correspondence, advertisements, catalogs, and clippings. The records described here were culled from the papers of Monroe Wheeler, co-founder of the press. These are presumed to be the most complete group of records with direct provenance from the original press.
The Eardley Knollys papers contains correspondence, writings, personal and family papers, photographs, and business papers relating to Eardley Knollys and Storran Gallery. Material documents Knollys's relationships with writers, artists, poets, playwrights, and art critics.
The collection contains miscellaneous manuscript items, notes, and ephemera related to Moore which were found among the Wescott and Wheeler papers.
The collection contains correspondence, manuscript items, notes, and ephemera related to Porter which were found among the Wescott and Wheeler papers.
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 4
- Photographic prints 4
- Diaries 3
- Americans -- France -- History -- 20th Century 2
- Authors 2
- LGBTQ resource 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Small presses -- United States 2
- American fiction -- 20th Century 1
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Art -- Exhibitions 1
- Art critics 1
- Art dealers 1
- Art museum directors 1
- Art museums -- United States 1
- Art, American -- 20th Century 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 1
- Artists 1
- Artists -- England 1
- Artists -- Great Britain 1 ∧ less