Wing, Donald Goddard, 1904-1972
- Existence: 1904 - 1972
Donald Goddard Wing (1904-1972), Associate Librarian at Yale University from 1939 to 1970.
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
The papers consist of three writings by Frank Altschul: memorandum on the French foreign exchange situation (1924), the typescript of his book Let No Wave Engulf Us (1941), and an invitation to Donald G. Wing to a dinner in honor of Bernhard Knollenberg.
The collection consists of writings and correspondence by or relating to the American novelist LeGrand Cannon. Writings consist of autograph manuscript and typescript drafts of Look to the Mountain, Come Home at Even (also including proofs), and These are Some Stories about Old George Brown. Correspondents include Charles Beecher Hogan, Stephan Stearns, and Donald Wing.
Contains letters from Maugham to various people, including William Morris Colles, Ada Leverson, Charles Hanson Towne, and Donald Goddard Wing; manuscript and proof versions of writings by Maugham, including "Ashenden, or the British agent", "Lady Frederick", and "On a Chinese Screen"; and an etching of Hugh Walpole hitting Elinor Mordaunt in the jaw.
Consists of letters to Peyre chiefly from French authors, plus one letter from Peyre to Donald Wing enclosing a typescript of Paul Claudel's "Partage de midi," which Peyre had made from the play at the Bibliotheque Nationale.
The Donald Wing Papers consist of professional and editorial correspondence files, typescripts, and galleys mostly related to his research for and publication of A Short-Title Catalogue of Books Printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and British America and of English Books Printed in Other Countries, 1641-1700.
- Bibliographers 2
- Bibliography 2
- Early printed books -- 17th century -- Union lists 2
- English imprints -- Union lists 2
- English literature -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- Bibliography 2
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Ashenden, or, the British agent 1
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 1
- Authors, English -- Archives 1
- Bibliographers -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Bibliography -- Great Britain -- Early printed books -- 17th century 1
- Businessmen 1
- Europe 1
- France -- Economic conditions 1
- Lady Frederick: a comedy in three acts 1
- Novelists -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th Century 1
- On a Chinese screen 1 ∧ less