Sterne, Maurice, 1878-1957
- Existence: 1878 - 1957
Maurice Sterne (1878-1957), American sculptor and painter; husband of philanthropist Mabel Dodge Luhan (1879-1962).
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The Hapgood Family Papers contain correspondence; manuscripts of books, plays, poems, articles, book reviews, essays, and short stories; plus business papers, diaries, maps, photographs, subject files, writings of others, and miscellaneous papers which document the lives and careers of various members of the Hapgood family and to a lesser extent the Boyce family, most notably Hutchins Hapgood and Neith Boyce Hapgood.
The Leo Stein Collection contains manuscripts of writings by Stein, letters from such persons as: Bernard Berenson, Mabel Dodge Luhan and Maurice Sterne, personal papers, photographs, and artworks (mainly by Stein), which document the life of Leo Stein, an artist and writer.
Many letters to Leo Stein for the period before 1913 can be found in the Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas Papers, YCAL MSS 76, also owned by the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Subject: Authors X
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 2
- Authors 2
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 2
- Photographic prints 2
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Americans -- France -- History -- 20th Century 1
- Artists 1
- Authors, American 1
- Autobiographies (documents) 1
- Cabinet photographs 1
- Florence (Italy) 1
- Greenwich Village (New York, N.Y.) -- History 1
- Greenwich Village (New York, N.Y.) -- Intellectual life 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Journalism -- United States 1
- Journalists -- United States 1
- Labor -- United States 1
- Modernism (Art) 1
- Negatives 1
- New York (N.Y.) 1 ∧ less