- Existence: 1958
Laura McPhee is a photographer. Born in New York City and raised in central New Jersey, she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Art History from Princeton University in 1980, and a Master of Fine Arts in Photography from the Rhode Island School of Design in 1986. Her work, which ranges from portrait to landscape to still life, is widely exhibited nationally and internationally. She has been a member of the faculty at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design since 1986 and lives in Brookline, Massachusetts.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Laura McPhee Photographs of the American West
Call Number: WA Photos Folio 152
Photographs created by Laura McPhee that document sites in the American West, 2008-2013, including landscapes and communities in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming.
River of No Return Collection
Call Number: WA Photos 591
Abstract: The River of No Return Collection consists of photographs created by Laura McPhee that document sites and persons in the Sawtooth Valley of Idaho, 2003-2008, related to her work as the initial Artist in Residence in the area underwritten by the Alturas Foundation, as well as project files, 2003-2014, which contain material related imagery and products from the project, including a solo exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, in 2006, and her book, ...
Martha McPhee papers
Call Number: YCAL MSS 1606
Abstract: Notebooks, journals, writings, correspondence, personal papers, and printed material, as well as computer and audiovisual media, by or relating to writer Martha McPhee. Collection materials document McPhee's writing process, as well as her relationships with her family including her sister Laura McPhee, mother Pryde Brown, father John McPhee, husband Mark Svenvold, and others; her experience in a blended family; her childhood near Princeton, New Jersey; her trips to Italy in her youth; and...
Dates: 1906-2019, bulk 1970-2019
- Chromogenic color prints 2
- Idaho -- Pictorial works 2
- White Cloud Peaks (Idaho) -- Pictorial works 2
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- American literature -- 21st century 1
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Audiovisual materials 1
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Authors -- United States -- 21st century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives 1
- Authors, American -- 21st century -- Archives 1
- Big Wood River (Idaho) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bisbee (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Black-and-white prints (photographs) 1
- Blaine County (Idaho) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bodies of water -- Idaho -- Sawtooth Valley -- Pictorial works 1
- Book Cliffs (Utah and Colo.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Born digital 1
- Burr Creek (Utah) -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less