Lowell, Robert, 1917-1977
- Existence: 1917-03-01 - 1977-09-12
Robert Lowell (1917-1977), American poet.
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
The Léonie Adams and William Troy Papers consist of correspondence, writings, teaching materials, and other papers that document the personal and professional lives of both writers and teachers. The papers span the years 1902 to 1980.
The Cleanth Brooks Papers contain correspondence, manuscripts of books, textbooks, essays, lectures, and various other shorter works, classroom material, professional papers, writings of others, and personal papers which document aspects of the life and career of Cleanth Brooks.
Typescript note, signed, saying that Marshall Lee has done a good job.
Transcript, typed photocopy, of remarks Lowell made when accepting an award for Elizabeth Bishop. The title of the poem Lowell read at the occasion, "Visits to St. Elizabeth's," by Bishop, has been added, in an unidentified hand, at the bottom of the page following "Mr. Lowell then read the poem."
The papers consist of drafts of manuscripts and related material, correspondence, photographs, and newspaper clippings documenting Warren's life from his undergraduate years until his death in 1989.
- Collection 7
- Archival Object 6
- American literature -- 20th century 4
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 4
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 4
- Authors 3
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 2
- Literature -- History and criticism 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 2
- Poets, American 2
- Sewanee Review 2
- Southern review (Baton Rouge, La.) 2
- Aeronautics 1
- Africa 1
- Air pilots 1
- American drama -- 20th Century 1
- American fiction -- 20th Century 1
- American literature -- Southern States 1
- American poetry 1
- American poetry -- 20th Century -- Periodicals -- Archives 1
- Anthropology 1 ∧ less