Bevan, Robert, 1865-1925
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Collection of Cabaret Theatre Club and Cave of the Golden Calf printed ephemera
Envelope addressed to Mr. and Mrs. (Robert) Bevan, 1914?
Addressed, in black ink: "Mr. & Mrs. Bevan, 14 Adamson Rd., N.W." With one penny stamp and postmark dated 28 Ap. 14.
With a small printed design at top left, by Wyndham Lewis (Michel no. 126: "Reproduced in Blast no. 1, p. 125; Blast no. 2, p. 49; Ezra Pound, 'Wyndham Lewis' in The Egoist, June 1914; also on the prospectuses for the Rebel Art Centre and the Rebel Art Centre Art School, and as an emblem on Rebel Art Centre envelopes.")
Envelope bearing the "Cave of the Calf" three-headed figure, addressed to Robert Bevan, 1912 May 18
The three-headed figure, by Wyndham Lewis, is printed in the top left corner (see Michel no. 34).
Addressed, in black ink: "Robert Bevan, Esqr., Adamson Road, Hampstead, N.W." With one penny stamp and postmark dated 18 May 12.
The envelope may have been used to mail the club's general programme (see f. 3).
Envelope from the Cabaret Theatre Club, addressed to Robert Bevan, 1912 April
- Subject: Envelopes X
- Archival Object 3
- Collection 1
- Envelopes (Stationery) 3
- Application forms 1
- Blank forms 1
- Bohemianism -- Great Britain 1
- Envelopes 1
- Ephemera 1
- Futurism (Art) -- Great Britain 1
- London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 20th Century 1
- Modern dance -- Great Britain 1
- Modernism (Art) -- Great Britain 1
- Music-halls (Variety-theaters, cabarets, etc.) -- Great Britain 1
- Nightclubs -- Great Britain 1
- Programs 1
- Prospectuses 1
- Restaurants -- Great Britain 1
- Theater -- Great Britain 1
- Vorticism 1 ∧ less