Zukofsky, Louis, 1904-1978
- Existence: 1904-01-23 - 1978-05-12
Louis Zukofsky (1904-1978), American poet; among the founders of the Objectivist group of poets.
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Poem, setting copy, corrected, with manuscript annotations by Cid Corman. Translation with Celia Zukofsky of Gaius Valerius Catullus' poem number 65.
ALS advising Popovich about sources for research on Ezra Pound.
ALS to Macleod, Aug 12, 1947; and twelve ALS, including two postcards, and one TNS to Emerson, 1947-1949.
Letters concern publication of articles and poetry by Zukofsky in Cronos and Golden Goose.
The collection consists of letters and a few manuscripts by or related to Ezra Pound. Correspondents include Ubaldo degli Uberti; Ethel de Courcy Duncan; Robert Duncan; Gladys Hines; Lewis Maverick; Donald J. Paquette; Odon Por; and Louis Zukofsky. Manuscripts include holographs of "To Our Lady of Vicarious Atonement" and "What I Feel about Walt Whitman" by Pound and biographical notes on Pound by Lewis Maverick.
The Ezra Pound Papers document the literary career and political interests of Ezra Pound. Major correspondents include Richard Aldington, George Antheil, William Bird, T. S. Eliot, Ernest Hemingway, James Laughlin, Wyndham Lewis, Marianne Moore, Odon Por, and Henry Swabey. The collection contains manuscripts of many of Pound's works, including the Cantos, Guide to Kulchur, and scripts of Pound's wartime radio broadcasts.
- Collection 6
- Archival Object 3
- American literature -- 20th century 5
- Authors 4
- American poetry -- 20th Century 2
- European literature -- 20th Century 2
- Imagist poetry 2
- Little magazines 2
- Modernism (Literature) 2
- Publishers and publishing 2
- Social credit 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda 2
- American drama -- 20th Century 1
- American literature -- Periodicals 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 1
- Authors -- 20th Century 1
- Authors and publishers -- United States 1
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 1
- Editors 1
- Fascism -- Italy 1
- Fascism and literature 1
- Furioso 1 ∧ less