Williams, S. A. C.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The collection comprises 147 photographs from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with representative images of Great Britain, South Africa, New Zealand, Madeira, East Asia, and other locations (many unidentified).
Print is signed on back, "To Bertie with much love from Maudie." Image is of Maude standing with arms clasped behind her head. She wears a loosely-fitting, draped gown suggestive of ancient Greek or Roman style. She has a solid metallic bracelet on her right arm, and she wears heavy makeup.
Maude is shown here wearing a regal looking costume, consisting of a cap with pheasant feathers, a fur-trimmed striped bodice with dark fabric bib and cuffed sleeves (cuffs are a pale velvety material, with frilly wrists), a cape decorated with spangles, tasseled epaulets, thick black tights and low heeled black shoes. She is wearing heavy makeup, with her eyes lined and lips rouged. The print is signed, "With love from Maudie/ Jan 29th 92."
- Archival Object 2
- Collection 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain 1
- Country homes -- Great Britain 1
- Funchal (Madeira Islands) -- Pictorial works 1
- Interior decoration -- Great Britain 1
- Interiors 1
- Landscape photographs 1
- Madeira Islands -- Pictorial works 1
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- Portraits 1
- Mauritius -- Pictorial works 1
- Missions -- South Africa 1
- Photographs 1
- South Africa -- Pictorial works 1
- Swartberg Pass (South Africa) -- Pictorial works 1
- Travel photography 1
- Venice (Italy) -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less