Jackman, Harold, 1901-1961
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Call Number: JWJ MSS 28
Abstract: The Langston Hughes Collection consists of correspondence, writings, photographs, sound recordings, video recordings, electronic files, and other material documenting the life, work, and remembrance of Langston Hughes.Series I, Josephine DeWitt Rhodehamel Gift, is organized into three subseries: Letters from Langston Hughes, Writings of Langston Hughes and Writings of Others. There are letters to Rhodehamel and holograph and typescript versions of poems for Dear Lovely Death.Series...
Call Number: JWJ MSS 114
Abstract: The James Weldon Johnson Collection Files contain manuscript correspondence, literary works and other documents relating to African Americans, dating from 1809 to 1979. The collection contains several letters to James Weldon Johnson from aspiring poets asking for feedback on their writing. Correspondence sent to Langston Hughes, Harold Jackman, Grace Nail Johnson, and Carl Van Vechten is also prominent in the collection. The collection includes broadway actress Rose McClendon's scripts used...
Call Number: JWJ MSS 27
Call Number: JWJ MSS 76
Abstract: Photographs drawn from various collections in the James Weldon Johnson Collection. The collection includes predominantly images of prominent African American writers, cultural leaders, and entertainers, as well as photographs by important African American photographers. A small number of images document people and places outside the United States. The collection forms a visual record of artists, writers, actors, musicians, and politicians active chiefly in the United States from the 1920s...
Call Number: JWJ MSS 1050
The Carl Van Vechten Papers Relating to African-American Arts and Letters include correspondence, writings, photographs and artwork documenting Van Vechten’s interest in and involvement with black artists, writers, and social activists.
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 4
- Photographic prints 4
- African American authors -- 20th Century -- Archives 3
- American literature -- 20th century 3
- Authors 2
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 2
- Harlem Renaissance -- Archives 2
- Poets 2
- African American artists -- 20th Century 1
- African American authors -- 20th Century 1
- African American poets -- 20th Century 1
- African American women authors 1
- African Americans -- Portraits 1
- African Americans in literature 1
- American poetry -- African American authors 1
- Artists -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Audiovisual materials 1
- Blacks -- Portraits 1
- Born digital 1
- Color slides 1 ∧ less