Woolner, Thomas, 1825-1892
- Existence: 1825 - 1892
Thomas Woolner (1825-1892), English sculptor and poet; one of the founder-members of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood.
Found in 30 Collections and/or Records:
Alice Woolner's hand is difficult to decipher. She appears to be writing on behalf of Thomas Woolner to arrange a meeting with J.F. Lewis on January 29th, at the Athenaeum.
Woolner appears to inquire about the health of J.F. Lewis, noting "this severe weather I fear is very bad for your invalid."
"March 29th, 1914. Dear Mr. Hewitt, Thank you very much for searching out the letters of my father and taking so much trouble about the matter. It will be very nice to see you again if you can manage to bring the letters but I should like to know when you mean to come as I might be out - we are leaving this place on Monday April 6th and tomorrow we are out all the afternoon - With our kind regards, I am Sincerely yours, Amy Woolner."
A folded sheet of paper, inscribed: "Letters from T. Woolner to J.F. Lewis R.A., returned with thanks & compliments, May 19, 1914, from Amy Woolner, Belle Vue, Chiddingfold, Surrey."
The Thomas Carlyle Collection is a mixed-provenance collection of material by and about Thomas Carlyle. Material includes writings, notes, maps, and correspondence that document Carlyle's research on German history and literature and on Oliver Cromwell, among other topics.
Excerpt, holograph, beginning "Could any mortal boy resist," signed with initials.
Published in his My Beautiful Lady: Nelly Dale (London, 1887).
- Archival Object 28
- Collection 2
- Correspondence 24
- Art -- France -- Paris -- Exhibitions 2
- Egypt -- Antiquities 2
- Hayes (Bromley, London, England) 2
- Orientalism 2
- Painting -- Prices 2
- Authors, Scottish -- 19th century -- Archives 1
- British literature -- 19th century 1
- Butler, Elizabeth (Elizabeth Southerden Thompson), 1846-1933. Roll call 1
- German literature 1
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1804-1876. In the Bey's garden 1
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1804-1876. Lion & lioness 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Painters -- Great Britain 1
- Painting -- Great Britain 1
- Photographs 1
- Photography 1
- Prussia (Germany) -- History -- 18th century 1
- Scottish literature -- 19th century 1
- Sculptors -- Great Britain 1 ∧ less