Hamilton, Richard, 1922-2011
Biographical / Historical
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
The collection comprises collage books, collages, drawings, palettes, and posters by John McHale, with related printed material, including catalogs, periodicals, ephemera, and small posters.
Seminar speakers include: Lawrence Alloway, Reyner Banham, Frank Cordell, Gillo Dorfles, Richard Hamilton, Anthony Hill, Donald Holmes, John McHale, E.W. Meyer, Eduardo Paolozzi, Tony del Renzio, and Peter Smithson.
A screen print of Richard Hamilton's Just what is it that makes today's homes so different, so appealing?, produced for an exhibition at the Whitechapel Art Gallery, August 9-September 9, 1956.
The exhibition was divided into various collaborative groups of architects and artists. Each of these groups produced its own poster for the exhibition. John McHale was in Group Two with Richard Hamilton and John Voelcker.
- Collection 3
- Archival Object 2
- Photographs 2
- Posters 2
- Abstract art 1
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- American poetry -- 20th Century 1
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- United States 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century -- Private collections -- United States 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Exhibitions 1
- Audiocassettes -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Authors and publishers 1
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 1
- Collage -- 20th century 1
- Collage -- 20th century -- Exhibitions 1
- Collage books 1
- Collages (visual works) 1
- Dot zero 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1
- Ephemera 1 ∧ less