Richmond, Thomas, 1802-1874
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Ruskin expresses his distaste that David Thomas White (art dealer) has offered Turner's Parnassus to Heaton for a price higher than the 50 guineas he offered to Ruskin. Ruskin tells Heaton to mention to White that she knows that White gave Ruskin a better price because "he will come down immediately." Ruskin says that White showed him Richmond's Alborough but that he doesn't care for it. [Date provided by Surtees: May 1855]
"I really am not such a wretch as I seem to be -- I do want to see you & thank you very much & hear about poor Mr Richmond -- but I have been shaky and breakdownish this last week -- obliged to be idle & think of nothing. Can you come out here to lunch & for a quiet talk on Thursday next -- about ½ past one? if not -- I will come & see you instead -- but come if you can." [Date provided by Surtees: October - November 1856]
"Can you favour us at six, Wednesday 1 June with your company to dinner and oblige?"
"I shall be delighted to look at the Mont Blancs, for my own personal pleasure no less than for all other reasons, but you don't tell me the name of the artist, nor when I can see them. I am coming to see you very soon bringing Miss Heaton's glorious drawing with me -- Aldbourough. I hope you will enjoy it -- when you can look at it constantly and easily. Love to you all. I am sincerely sorry to hear of your continued illness."
The collection comprises letters from John Ruskin to Ellen Heaton, written from 1855 to 1864.
- Archival Object 7
- Collection 1
- Photography 2
- Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851. Parnassus and Castalian Spring 2
- Art 1
- Art -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Art appreciation 1
- Correspondence 1
- Painters -- Great Britain 1
- Painting -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Painting, British -- 19th century 1
- Rhetoric 1
- Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851. Aldborough, Suffolk 1
- Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851. Bernese Alps 1
- Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851. Castle of St Angelo 1
- Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851. Ulysses deriding Polyphemus 1 ∧ less