Powys, Llewelyn, 1884-1939
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Three autograph letters, signed, from Powys to Louis Wilkinson, Mrs. Louis Wilkinson, and James Vernon. Letters discuss books, literature, and personal matters. With one envelope.
Typescript draft of Powys’s book Swiss Essays, with manuscript corrections in an unidentified hand. Draft is housed in folder with the title written in manuscript on the cover, possibly in the hand of Alyse Gregory.
The Arthur Davison Ficke Papers document the personal lives and literary interests of Arthur Davison and Gladys Brown Ficke. Major correspondents include Witter Bynner, Floyd Dell, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Edgar Lee Masters, and John Cowper Powys. In addition to manuscripts of Ficke's own works, the papers contain manuscripts of poems by Witter Bynner, Edgar Lee Masters, and others.
The collection consists chiefly of correspondence, with smaller amounts of diaries, writings, notebooks, artworks, photographs, and other personal papers. Also present are papers of others closely associated with Gregory, including papers of Llewelyn Powys; writings of John Cowper Powys and Edna St. Vincent Millay; and diaries of Gertrude Powys. Accompanying these is a small amount of correspondence and notes of Rosemary Manning, concerning Gregory's papers.
Letter : Owermoigne, Dorchester, Dorset, to Henry Leffert, Post Office Box 1874, Tucson, Arizona, 1926 July
16 autograph manuscript letters, signed, discussing publishing, family matters, and poetry. Powys’s letters express love and affection for Wishart. With 12 envelopes. Also includes a photograph of Powys in Switzerland, taken by an unidentified photographer, inscribed to Wishart from Powys on verso.
- Archival Object 5
- Collection 5
- American literature -- 20th century 3
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 2
- Devon (England) -- Social life and customs 2
- Divorce 2
- Dorset (England) -- Social life and customs 2
- English literature -- 20th Century 2
- Europe -- Description and travel 2
- Modernism (Literature) 2
- Photographs 2
- Women authors, American -- 20th century 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- Adultery 1
- Aesthetics, Modern -- 20th Century 1
- American periodicals 1
- American poetry -- 20th Century 1
- Art -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Art -- Private collections 1
- Art, Japanese 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 1
- Austria -- Economic conditions -- 1918-1945 1 ∧ less