Cancer "cures" collection
Call Number: Pam Coll 10
Collection consists of pamphlets and books by individuals, private cancer hospitals, and other organizations promoting non-surgical cures for cancer. The American Medical Association claimed that any such cures were fakes. The promoters in turn criticized the AMA as the "medical trust." Most of the pamphlets contain patient testimonials. Approximate dates for items are based on the date of the most recent testimonials.
- Publication: 1900-1954
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Materials are available for research. Yale does not own copyright.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by William Helfand, 2013-2014.
Single series arranged by last name of individual or corporate name.
- Abbott Myron Mason Chemical Co
- Advertisements -- Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Baker Hospital (Eureka Springs, Ark,)
- Baker, Norman, 1882-1958
- Cancer -- Hospitals
- Cancer -- Treatment
- Cancer cure fakes
- Cancer profiteers : suppression of truth
- Cherokee Sanitarium (Cherokee, Iowa)
- Dr. Nichols Sanatorium (Savannah, Mo.)
- Facts about cancer
- Helfand, William H. (Collector)
- Indianapolis Cancer Hospital
- Industrial Clinic (New York, N.Y.)
- Krebiozen Research Foundation (Chicago, Ill,)
- Leach, Leon T.
- Liquid escharotic with combinations for the proper treatment of cancers, tumors, ulcers, lupus and abnormal growths without chloroform or ether
- Mason Cancer Institute (New York, N.Y.)
- Mason, Abbott Myron
- McNeill, Charles A.
- Nichols, Perry, 1863-1925
- Park View Sanatorium (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Quacks and quackery
- Root, Charles C.
- Seaman, R. C., 1878-
- Smith, G. F. (George Franklin)
- Southworth, H. C.
- Successful cure for cancer
- TNT Magazine
- Tomlinson, William Hoare
- Value of escharotics
- Williams Sanatorium, Inc. (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Williams, Boyd T.
- Cancer "cures" collection
- In Progress
- Toby A. Appel
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.