- Scope and Contents
The collection consists of letters written by John J. Cushing from San Francisco to his mother, brother Edward, and sister Susan Cushing Cheney, in Providence, Rhode Island. They contain information on a wide variety of subjects including his homeopathic medical practice, relations with regular physicians, gold and copper mining (he owned a copper mine in Arizona), economic conditions, social life, San Francisco politics, his marriage, and the construction of his house.
- Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
- Conditions Governing Use
This collection is not under copyright.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
Arranged by date.
- Majority of material found within 1853 - 1857
- 0.25 Linear Feet (1 box, 33 items)
- Related Names
- Cushing, John J., 1822-1879
- Language of Materials