Series II: Douglass family papers, 1853 - 1933
Scope and Contents
This series contains correspondence, family papers, clippings, photographs, and printed material related to Frederick Douglass and the members of the Douglass family including Frederick Douglass, Jr., Lewis Douglass, and Helen Amelia Loguen Douglass.
- 1853 - 1933
- From the Collection: Evans, Walter O. (Collector)
- From the Collection: Douglass family
- From the Collection: Douglass, Frederick, 1818-1895 (Author)
- From the Collection: Douglass, Helen Amelia Loguen (Correspondent)
- From the Collection: Douglass, Lewis Henry, 1840-1908 (Compiler)
- From the Collection: Douglass, Lewis Henry, 1840-1908 (Correspondent)
- From the Collection: Douglass, Frederick, Jr., 1841-1892 (Compiler)
- From the Collection: Douglass, Charles R. (Charles Remond Douglass), 1844-1920 (Compiler)
Conditions Governing Access
Originals of Series II are on display and unavailable until August 2024.
Arranged into five sub-series: Writings, family papers, clippings, and ephemera, 1856-1918; Correspondence from Lewis Douglass, 1860- 1907; Correspondence to Helen Amelia Loguen Douglass, 1857-1933; Photographs, 1853-1895, undated; Published versions of Frederick Douglass writings, 1859-1890.
9.0 Linear Feet ((4 boxes) + 2 broadside)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.