Photographs of the Garment District in New York City
Scope and Contents
The collection includes a DVD with digital images created in 2013 of 95 original contact sheets from negatives used to create the black-and-white photographs.
- 1976 - 2013
Conditions Governing Access
Box 4: Restricted fragile material. Access copies of digital files may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
30 Photographic Prints (3 boxes) : black-and-white ; 28.0 x 35.8 cm
30 Linear Feet (3 boxes) : inkjet, color ; 28.0 x 35.8 cm
1 Linear Feet (1 box 1.93 gigabytes, 95 files) ; 3/4 in.
Language of Materials
- Born digital
- Clothing trade -- New York (State) -- New York -- Pictorial works
- Digital images
- Garment District (New York, N.Y.) -- Pictorial works
- Halverson, Karen, 1941-
- Inkjet prints
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Pictorial works
- New York (N.Y.) -- Pictorial works
- Photographic prints
- Street photography -- New York (State) -- New York
- Guide to Photographs of the Garment District in New York City
- by Beinecke staff
- 2017 December
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.