- Scope and Contents
Street photographs that document people, urban scenery, and activity in the Garment District in the Manhattan borough of New York City, 1977-1978. Images include couriers carting clothing on racks, pedestrians, vehicles, and buildings.
The collection includes a DVD with digital images created in 2013 of 95 original contact sheets from negatives used to create the black-and-white photographs.
- Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Box 4: Restricted fragile material. Access copies of digital files may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
- Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Karen Halverson on the Edwin J. Beinecke Book Fund, 2013.
Organized into three groupings: Black and White Photographs (Boxes 1-3), DVD (Box 4), and Color Inkjet Prints (Boxes 5-7).
- 1976 - 2013
- 30 Photographic Prints (3 boxes) : black-and-white ; 28.0 x 35.8 cm
- 30 Linear Feet (3 boxes) : inkjet, color ; 28.0 x 35.8 cm
- 1 Linear Feet (1 box 1.93 gigabytes, 95 files) ; 3/4 in.
- Related Names
- Halverson, Karen, 1941-
- Language of Materials