[Parliamentary speeches, debates, etc. and other miscellaneous manuscripts]
Scope and Contents
The following finding aid is a complete inventory of the contents of Osborn fb159. This list was reformatted from previously existing cataloging.
- [15th-17th century]
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Osborn fb159 is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
For provenance information, consult the appropriate curator.
0.19 Linear Feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Collection of 115 items, bound together in one volume, and written mainly in the hand of John Browne, but with numerous items in other hands. The entries primarily address Parliamentary activities, particularly in the House of Lords, including several extracts from Parliamentary journals; lists of Parliamentary bills; a copy in Browne's hand of King Charles I's speech at dissolving Parliament in 1640; speeches by Charles II; and records of payments to Parliamentary officers. Other items include a satire on the Earl of Pembroke by Michael Oldisworth and several non-Parliamentary accounts and receipts.
This finding aid was produced from a previously existing list or card set. All pertinent bibliographical information has been retained; the volume may contain additional unlisted material.
- Braye, Alfred Verney-Cave, Baron, 1849-1928 -- Bookplate
- Browne, John, approximately 1608-1691
- Charles, King of England, I, 1600-1649
- Charles, King of England, II, 1630-1685
- Commonplace books
- Finance, Public -- Great Britain
- Formulas, recipes, etc.
- Gonzaga family
- Great Britain -- Officials and employees -- Salaries, etc.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1485-1603
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1714
- Great Britain. Parliament
- Great Britain. Parliament. House of Lords
- Legal documents
- Marriage settlements -- Great Britain
- Oldisworth, Michael, 1591-1654?
- Guide to the Parliamentary Speeches, Debates, Etc.
- Under Revision
- by Beinecke Staff
- August 2005
- Description rules
- Beinecke Manuscript Unit Archival Processing Manual
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.