[Parliamentary speeches, negotiations, etc., (most from 1640-1641)]
Scope and Contents
The following finding aid is a complete inventory of the contents of Osborn fb161. This list was reformatted from previously existing cataloging.
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Existence and Location of Copies
The entire volume is available in digital form.
Conditions Governing Use
Osborn fb161 is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
For provenance information, consult the appropriate curator.
0.19 Linear Feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Manuscript, primarily in Browne's hand, though numerous items are in other hands, of a collection of about 74 items, primarily on Parliamentary subjects and mostly dated 1641. Items include extracts from Parliamentary journals; speeches by James I and Charles I; discussions concerning Scotland; notes on the speeches of Edward, Earl of Conway and Sir John Coke; Parliamentary resolutions declaring ship money to be illegal; a protestation by the House of Commons vowing to uphold the Church of England against Jesuits and "Papists"; and numerous speeches concerning the trial of Thomas Wentworth, Earl of Strafford.
This finding aid was produced from a previously existing list or card set. All pertinent bibliographical information has been retained; the volume may contain additional unlisted material.
- Braye, Alfred Verney-Cave, Baron, Baron, 1849-1928 -- Bookplate
- Browne, John, approximately 1608-1691
- Charles, King of England, I, 1600-1649
- Coke, John, Sir, 1563-1644
- Commonplace books
- Conway of Conway Castle, Edward Conway, Viscount, 1623-1683
- Elizabeth, Queen of England, I, 1533-1603
- Finch, John, Baron Finch of Fordwich, 1584-1660
- Glanville, John, Sir, 1586-1661
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Scotland
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1649
- Great Britain -- Religious life and customs -- 17th century
- Great Britain. Parliament
- Great Britain. Parliament. House of Lords
- Holles, Denzil Holles, Baron, 1599-1680
- Pym, John, 1584-1643
- Scotland -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain
- Strafford, Thomas Wentworth, Earl of, 1593-1641
- Treason -- England
- Trials -- England
- Vane, Henry, Sir, 1613-1662
- Guide to the Parliamentary Speeches, Negotiations, Etc.
- Under Revision
- by Beinecke Staff
- August 2005
- Description rules
- Beinecke Manuscript Unit Archival Processing Manual
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.