Merrill Joan Gerber papers
- 1895 - 2017
- Majority of material found within 1923 - 2017
- Gerber, Merrill Joan (Author)
Conditions Governing Access
Boxes 101, 102, 151 (audiovisual materials): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Box 152 (computer media): Restricted fragile material. Access copies of digital files may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
After receipt the writings, professional correspondence and papers, and personal and family papers were roughly sorted into series by box, but within individual boxes papers were generally kept in the order in which they were received. As a result, some materials in Series I, II, and III remain intermixed.
145.58 Linear Feet (152 boxes)
Language of Materials
Merrill Joan Gerber
This collection received a basic level of processing, including rehousing and minimal organization.
Information included in the Description of Papers note and Collection Contents section is drawn from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases. Otherwise, folder titles are supplied by staff during initial processing.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Abels, Cyrilly
- American literature -- 20th century
- American literature -- 21st century
- Audiovisual materials
- Authors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors -- United States -- 21st century
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives
- Authors, American -- 21st century -- Archives
- Born digital
- Gerber, Merrill Joan
- Klein, Norma, 1938-1989
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995
- Mintz, Sandra Earl
- Ozick, Cynthia
- Schwartz, Lynne Sharon
- Stegner, Wallace, 1909-1993
- Taylor-Hall, Mary Ann
- Vivante, Arturo
- Walker, Charlotte Zoë
- Women authors, American -- 20th century
- Women authors, American -- 21st century
- Young adult fiction, American
- Guide to the Merrill Joan Gerber Papers
- by Greyson Gates, Michael Rush, and Leigh Golden
- April 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.