Wayne Koestenbaum papers
- 1889 - 2018
- Majority of material found within 1960 - 2018
- Koestenbaum, Wayne (Author)
Conditions Governing Access
Boxes 4, 88, 101 (computer media) Restricted fragile material. Access copies of digital files may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Boxes 19, 87, 100, 113, 116 (audiovisual materials) Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
172.0 Linear Feet (162 boxes)
Language of Materials
After receipt, Beinecke Library staff reviewed the housing of the collection and made adjustments as necessary to meet preservation and collection management requirements. An archivist made a rough sort of the boxes into broader series, but made few changes to the folder-level arrangement of the archive, except where necessary for proper housing or to separate audiovisual and computer media per the library’s preservation best practices.
Beinecke Library staff wrote the collection- and series-level description. Almost all description at the file and item level were written by Wayne Koestenbaum or his assistants, with minimal edits made by library staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection or revisions in arrangement and description.
- American poetry -- 20th Century
- American poetry -- 21st century
- Audiovisual materials
- Authors, American -- 20th Century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Authors, American -- 21st century -- Archives
- Born digital
- Callas, Maria, 1923-1977
- Koestenbaum family
- Koestenbaum, Wayne
- LGBTQ resource
- Librettos (documents for music)
- Marx, Harpo, 1888-1964
- Onassis, Jacqueline Kennedy, 1929-1994
- Operas -- Librettos
- Poets, American -- 20th Century
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Poets, American -- 21st century
- Poets, American -- 21st century -- Archives
- Schinto, Jeanne, 1951-
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987
- Guide to the Wayne Koestenbaum Papers
- by Wayne Koestenbaum and Michael Rush
- September 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.