Jason Robards papers
- 1856 - 2002
- Majority of material found within 1908 - 2002
Conditions Governing Access
Boxes 143-152 (audiovisual materials): Restricted fragile. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Box 153 (health records): Restricted until 2071.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
104.01 Linear Feet ((147 boxes) + 6 broadside)
Language of Materials
This collection received a basic level of processing, including rehousing and minimal organization.
Information included in the Description of Papers note and Collection Contents section is drawn from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases. Otherwise, folder titles are supplied by staff during initial processing.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Actors -- United States
- Actors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Audiovisual materials
- Costumes (character dress)
- Lobby cards
- Milburn, Hope Maxine, 1895-1992
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction -- United States
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953
- Robards, Jason
- Robards, Jason, 1892-1963
- Scripts (documents)
- Television -- Production and direction -- United States
- Television actors and actresses -- United States
- Theater -- United States
- Guide to the Jason Robards Papers
- by Janet Lopes and Michael Rush
- December 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.