John Willis photographs
Scope and Contents
- 1880 - 2019
- Majority of material found within 1980 - 2019
Conditions Governing Access
Boxes 40-41 (born digital): Restricted fragile material. Access copies of digital files may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Electronic images are available only in Reading Room and not in the Beinecke Digital Library.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19.25 Linear Feet ((41 boxes) + 15,400 files)
Language of Materials
This collection received a basic level of processing, including rehousing and minimal organization.
Information included in the Description of Papers note and Collection Contents section is drawn from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases. Otherwise, folder titles are supplied by staff during initial processing.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Born digital
- Dakota Access Pipeline -- Pictorial works
- Gelatin silver prints
- Indians of North America
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works
- Indians of North America -- Political activity -- Pictorial works
- Indians of North America -- South Dakota -- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation -- Pictorial works
- Indians of North America -- South Dakota -- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation -- Portraits
- Oglala Indians -- Pictorial works
- Oglala Sioux Tribe -- Pictorial works
- Peltier, Leonard
- Photographers -- 20th Century -- United States
- Pine Ridge (S.D.) -- Pictorial works
- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (S.D.) -- Pictorial works
- South Dakota -- Pictorial works
- Standing Rock Indian Reservation (N.D. and S.D.) -- Pictorial works
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe of North & South Dakota -- Pictorial works
- Willis, John, 1957-
- Guide to the John Willis Photographs
- by Jessica Tai
- March 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.