Frederick W. Beinecke collector's files
Scope and Contents
- 1950 - 1971
Conditions Governing Access
Boxes 4-11 (card index): Formerly restricted until 2012.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
9.25 Linear Feet (11 boxes)
Language of Materials
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Frederick W. Beinecke
This collection received a basic level of processing, including rehousing and minimal organization, in 2012. Information included in the Description of Papers note and Collection Contents section is drawn from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
Former call number: Uncat WA MS 255
- Academic libraries -- Collection development
- Acquisition of manuscripts -- United States
- Antiquarian booksellers -- United States
- Antiquarian booksellers -- United States -- 20th Century
- Beinecke, Frederick W.
- Book collectors -- United States
- Book collectors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Booksellers and bookselling -- United States
- Card files -- United States -- 20th Century
- Cataloging of manuscripts -- United States
- Cataloging of rare books -- United States
- Collection development (Libraries) -- United States
- Libraries and booksellers -- United States
- Manuscripts -- Collections
- Manuscripts -- Collectors and collecting
- Rare books -- Collectors and collecting
- West (U.S.) -- History
- Guide to the Frederick W. Beinecke Collector's Files
- by Lisa Conathan
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.