Judith Hancock de Sandoval papers and photographs
Scope and Contents
- 1907 - 1997
- Majority of material found within 1984 - 1990
Conditions Governing Access
Box 66: Restricted fragile material. For further information consult Access Services.
Box 100 (videocassettes): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
16.4 Linear Feet ((32 boxes) + 68 broadsides)
Language of Materials
Judith Hancock de Sandoval
Various acquisitions associated with the collection have not been merged and organized as a whole. Each acquisition is described separately in the contents list below.
The finding aid for this collection is compiled from individual preliminary lists for each acquisition that were created at or around the time of receipt by the library. The preliminary lists were migrated to comply with current archival descriptive standards and merged into a single file in 2007-2008. As part of the migration, modifications were made to the formatting of individual lists; however, the content of the lists was neither modified nor verified.
As a rule, descriptive information found in the Collection Contents section is drawn in large part from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases. Otherwise, folder titles are supplied by staff during initial processing.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
Former call numbers: Uncat MSS 495 and Uncat MSS 1280.
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century
- Dude ranches -- Wyoming
- Gelatin silver prints -- United States -- 20th Century
- Historic buildings -- Wyoming -- Pictorial works
- Maps (documents) -- United States -- 20th Century
- Negatives (photographic) -- United States -- 20th Century
- Photographers -- United States
- Photographers -- United States -- 20th Century
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century
- Ranch houses -- Wyoming -- Pictorial works
- Ranch life -- Wyoming -- History
- Ranchers -- United States
- Ranchers -- United States -- 20th Century
- Ranches -- Wyoming -- Pictorial works
- Sandoval, Judith Hancock de
- Slides (photographs) -- United States -- 20th Century
- Videocassettes -- United States -- 20th Century
- Women photographers -- United States
- Wyoming -- History
- Wyoming -- Maps
- Wyoming -- Pictorial works
- Guide to the Judith Hancock de Sandoval papers and photographs
- Eve C. Neiger
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.