Henry Raup Wagner Collection of Texas manuscripts
Call Number: WA MSS S-339
Scope and Contents
The Henry Raup Wagner Collection of Texas Manuscripts contains letters, including several from or pertaining to Stephen F. Austin, official correspondence and documents, decrees, "expedientes" and reports, recording the history and development of Mexico's northeastern frontier from 1707-1847. Most concern Texas, but the collection also includes documents concerning Louisiana, New Mexico, the Provincias Internas and the Estados Internos de Oriente. Researchers should note that spelling variations as found on the original documents are maintained in the finding aid, so "jefe" may appear as "gefe", "Bexar" as "Bejar", etc. When searching for specific terms, this should be taken into account. The original documents are accompanied by a series of typed translations, prepared by John V. Clay and Alan Probert, of the letters and documents concerning Juan Davis Bradburn.
Conditions Governing Access
The materials are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Henry Raup Wagner Collection of Texas Manuscripts is the physical property of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, consult the appropriate curator.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Henry Raup Wagner, 1919.
2.5 Linear Feet (5 boxes)
Letters, including several from or pertaining to Stephen F. Austin, official correspondence and documents, degrees, expedientes and reports,recording the history and development of Mexico's northeastern frontier from 1707-1847. Most of the collection concerns Texas, but there are also important documents concerning Louisiana and New Mexico.
- Austin, Stephen F. (Stephen Fuller), 1793-1836
- Bradburn, Juan Davis, 1787-1842
- Elections -- Texas
- Estados Internos de Oriente (Mexico). Comandante General (1829-1832: Mier y Teran)
- Estados Internos de Oriente (Mexico). Comandante General (1834-1835: Cos)
- Indians of North America -- Commerce -- Louisiana
- Indians of North America -- Commerce -- Texas
- Indians of North America -- Texas
- Land grants -- New Spain -- Provincias Internas
- Land grants -- Texas
- Livestock -- Mexico -- Coahuila (State)
- Louisiana -- History -- 1803-1865
- Louisiana -- History -- To 1803
- Mexican War, 1846-1848
- Mexico -- History -- Wars of Independence, 1810-1821
- Mier y Teran, Manuel de
- Missions -- Texas
- Músquiz, Ramón, approximately 1797-
- Nacogdoches (Tex.)
- Natchitoches (La.)
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848
- Palafox (Tex.) -- History
- Provincias Internas (New Spain) -- History
- Public officers -- Mexico
- Ramos Arizpe, Miguel, 1775-1843
- Texas -- Boundaries -- United States
- Texas -- History -- To 1846
- Texas -- Politics and government -- To 1846
- United States -- Boundaries -- Texas
- Guide to the Henry Raup Wagner Collection of Texas Manuscripts
- by Beinecke Staff
- March 1995
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.
- 2007-08-13: beinecke.wa339.xml converted for compliance with Yale EAD Best Practice Guidelines with brbl-migrate-01.xsl (mr2007-08-13).
- 2007-03-08: PUBLIC "-//Yale University::Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library//TEXT (US::CtYBR::::[HENRY RAUP WAGNER COLLECTION OF TEXAS MANUSCRIPTS ])//EN" "wa339.xml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).