Josephine Boardman Crane papers relating to the Dalton School
Scope and Contents
- Majority of material found within 1915 - 1930
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
1.92 Linear Feet (5 boxes)
Josephine Boardman Crane (1873-1972)
The finding aid for this collection is compiled from individual preliminary lists for each acquisition that were created at or around the time of receipt by the library. The preliminary lists were migrated to comply with current archival descriptive standards and merged into a single file in 2007-2008. As part of the migration, modifications were made to the formatting of individual lists; however, the content of the lists was neither modified nor verified.
Descriptive information found in the Collection Contents section is drawn in large part from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Crane, Josephine Boardman, 1873-1972
- Dalton School (New York, N.Y.)
- Dalton laboratory plan
- Educators -- United States -- 20th Century
- Educators -- United States -- Archives
- Parkhurst, Helen, 1887-1973
- Philanthropists -- United States
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century
- Progressive education -- United States
- Women philanthropists -- United States
- Guide to the Josephine Boardman Crane Papers Relating to the Dalton School
- by Beinecke staff
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English
- 2015: [Revision description not specified]
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.
- 2009-08-05: Transformed with brbl.stripComponentExtent.xsl. Removes physdesc[extent] from any component that is not level=otherlevel|series|subseries|subgrp