Archibald MacLeish Collection Addition
Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
Correspondence between Archibald MacLeish and Ishbel MacLeish (box 17) and Archibald MacLeish and Ada MacLeish (boxes 1- 14) in Series IV are restricted until 21 November 2045. For further information, consult the curator.
Boxes 43-46 (audiovisual material): Restricted fragile. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Box 76 (film): Restricted fragile. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Restricted Fragile Papers, housed in boxes 48-50, may be consulted only with the permission of the appropriate curator. Access copies of sound recordings for reference use have been substituted in the main files.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
47.31 Linear Feet ((74 boxes) + 1 bust)
Language of Materials
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Archibald MacLeish (1892-1982)
- American drama -- 20th Century
- American literature -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Drama -- 20th Century
- Dramatists -- 20th Century
- Hellard family
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961
- MacLeish family
- MacLeish, Ada
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982
- MacLeish, Kenneth, 1894-1918
- MacLeish, William H., 1928-
- Murphy, Gerald, 1888-1964
- Origo, Iris, 1902-1988
- Photographic prints
- Playwriting -- 20th Century
- Poets, American -- 20th century
- Sound recordings
- Guide to the Archibald MacLeish Collection Addition
- by H. Dean
- August 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.