Archibald MacLeish Collection Addition
Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
Correspondence between Archibald MacLeish and Ishbel MacLeish (box 17) and Archibald MacLeish and Ada MacLeish (boxes 1- 14) in Series IV are restricted until 21 November 2045. For further information, consult the curator.
Boxes 43-46 (audiovisual material): Restricted fragile. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Box 76 (film): Restricted fragile. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Restricted Fragile Papers, housed in boxes 48-50, may be consulted only with the permission of the appropriate curator. Access copies of sound recordings for reference use have been substituted in the main files.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
47.31 Linear Feet ((74 boxes) + 1 bust)
Archibald MacLeish (1892-1982)
- American drama -- 20th Century
- American literature -- 20th Century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Drama -- 20th Century
- Dramatists -- 20th Century
- Hellard family
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961
- MacLeish family
- MacLeish, Ada
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982
- MacLeish, Kenneth, 1894-1918
- MacLeish, William H., 1928-
- Murphy, Gerald, 1888-1964
- Origo, Iris, 1902-1988
- Photographic prints
- Playwriting -- 20th Century
- Poets, American -- 20th Century
- Sound recordings
- Guide to the Archibald MacLeish Collection Addition
- by H. Dean
- August 2007
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- 2010-02-10: Transformed with yale.addEadidUrl.xsl. Adds @url with handle for finding aid. Overwrites @url if already present.
- February 2020: Added 2016, 2017, and 2018 additions