Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
5.21 Linear Feet ((13 boxes) + 1 broadside folder)
Language of Materials
Howard Phelps Putnam (1894-1948)
Putnam married twice, to Ruth Peters and Una Fayerweather, and had numerous affairs, including trysts with Katharine Hepburn and painter Russell Cheney.
Summary information on Howard Phelps Putnam taken from an October 2007 description of the Farwell Knapp Papers in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library poetry blog (see http://beineckepoetry.wordpress.com/2007/10/).
Formerly classed as Za Putnam.
- American literature -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Cheney, Russell, 1881-1945
- Knapp, Farwell, 1893-1942
- Photographic prints
- Putnam, Phelps, 1894-1948
- Putnam, Una
- Rosenfeld, Paul, 1890-1946
- Stewart, Donald Ogden, 1894-1980
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979
- Walker, Charles R. (Charles Rumford), 1893-1974
- Young, Stark, 1881-1963
- Guide to the Phelps Putnam Papers
- by Michael L. Forstrom
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.