Marsden Hartley collection
Scope and Contents
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
37 (cold storage): Restricted fragile material. For further information consult the appropriate curator.
Existence and Location of Copies
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
12.37 Linear Feet ((36 boxes) + 1 object, 1 cold storage)
Marsden Hartley (1877-1943)
Biographical information taken from "Hartley, Marsden (1877-1943)." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 15 May 2012.
This finding aid may be updated periodically for revisions in arrangement and description.
Former call numbers: Za Hartley, Za Sprinchorn, Uncat Za File 28, Uncat Za Ms 67, Uncat Za Ms 75, and Uncat MSS 570.
- Crane, Hart, 1899-1932
- Hartley, Marsden, 1877-1943
- McAlmon, Robert, 1896-1956
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980
- Modernism (Art)
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972
- Painters -- United States -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Paintings (visual works)
- Photographic prints
- Ronnebeck, Arnold, 1885-1947
- Sparhawk-Jones, Elizabeth, 1885-1968
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964
- Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963
- Wilson, Edmund, 1895-1972
- Guide to the Marsden Hartley Collection
- Under Revision
- by Beinecke staff
- February 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.