Michael Benedikt papers
Scope and Contents
- 1951 - 2002
Conditions Governing Access
Box 4 (computer disks): Restricted Fragile Material. Reference copies of electronic files may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
1.46 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Michael Benedikt (1935-2007)
Benedikt's books of poetry include Changes (1961), The Body (1968), Sky (1970), Mole Notes (1971), Night Cries (1976), and The Badminton at Great Barrington (1980). Benedikt also authored plays, translations, and edited works on the theatre, and contributed poems, essays, and reviews to journals such as Poetry, American Poetry Review, Iowa Review, Massachusetts Review, Agni, Partisan Review, Ploughshares, and Tri-Quarterly. He died 27 February 2007.
Biographical information taken from "Michael Benedikt." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2001. Biography In Context. Web. 16 May 2013.
- Ackerson, Duane, 1942-
- American literature -- 20th century
- Authors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Balakian, Anna, 1915-1997
- Benedikt, Michael, 1935-2007
- Born digital
- Brilliant, Alan
- Electronic documents
- New York (N.Y.) -- Intellectual life -- 20th Century
- Photographic prints
- Poets -- United States -- 20th Century
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Poulin, A., Jr., 1938-1996
- Schneemann, Carolee, 1939-
- Guide to the Michael Benedikt Papers
- by Michael L. Forstrom
- May 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.