Isabel Leighton papers
Scope and Contents
- 1890 - 1984
- Majority of material found within 1922 - 1984
Conditions Governing Access
Box 30 (Record Album Storage) and boxes 34-36 (16mm film): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Boxes 27-29, 31 (Record Album Storage): Use of originals is restricted. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
11.51 Linear Feet ((35 boxes) + 1 art object)
Language of Materials
Isabel Leighton (1901-1995)
Collections are processed to a variety of levels, depending on the work necessary to make them usable, their perceived research value, the availability of staff, competing priorities, and whether or not further accruals are expected. The library attempts to provide a basic level of preservation and access for all collections, and does more extensive processing of higher priority collections as time and resources permit.
This collection received a basic level of processing in 2013, including rehousing and minimal organization. Information included in the Description of Papers note and Collection Contents section is drawn from information supplied with the collection and from an initial survey of the contents. Folder titles appearing in the contents list below are often based on those provided by the creator or previous custodian. Titles have not been verified against the contents of the folders in all cases. Otherwise, folder titles are supplied by staff during initial processing.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Actors -- United States
- Actors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Audiotapes -- United States -- 20th Century
- Audiovisual materials
- Authors -- United States -- 20th Century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Journalists -- United States
- Journalists -- United States -- 20th Century
- Leighton, Isabel
- Mental health -- United States
- Motion pictures (visual works) -- United States -- 20th Century
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century
- Radio plays -- Production and direction
- Scrapbooks -- United States -- 20th Century
- Scripts (documents) -- United States -- 20th Century
- Television -- Production and direction
- Television scripts -- United States -- 20th Century
- Theater -- United States
- War correspondents -- United States
- War correspondents -- United States -- 20th Century
- Women war correspondents -- United States
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists
- Isabel Leighton Papers
- Beinecke staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.