Brendan Gill papers
Scope and Contents
- 1862 - 1999
- Majority of material found within 1940 - 1998
Conditions Governing Access
Box 2 (audiovisual material): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Box 37 (audiovisual material): Restricted fragile material. Reference copies may be requested. Consult Access Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Immediate Source of Acquisition
28.17 Linear Feet (37 boxes)
Language of Materials
A record for this collection is available in Orbis, the Yale University Library catalog
Brendan Gill (1914-1997)
The finding aid for this collection is compiled from a preliminary list created at or around the time of receipt by the library. The preliminary list was migrated to comply with current archival descriptive standards in 2007-2008. As part of the migration, modifications were made to the formatting of the list; however, the content of the list was neither modified nor verified.
In 2013 minor revisions, including the addition of dates, were made to the list.
Former call number: Uncat MSS 395.
- American literature -- 20th century
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives
- Bankhead, Tallulah, 1902-1968
- Barnard, Anne
- Gill, Brendan, 1914-1997
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974
- New York (N.Y.) -- Intellectual life -- 20th Century
- New York (N.Y.) -- Periodicals
- New Yorker (New York, N.Y. : 1925)
- Photographic prints
- Guide to the Brendan Gill Papers
- Under Revision
- by Beinecke staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Repository
P. O. Box 208330
New Haven CT 06520-8330 US
121 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 06511
The Beinecke Library is open to all Yale University students and faculty, and visiting researchers whose work requires use of its special collections. You will need to bring appropriate photo ID the first time you register. Beinecke is a non-circulating, closed stack library. Paging is done by library staff during business hours. You can request collection material online at least two business days in advance of your visit, using the request links in Archives at Yale. For more information, please see Planning Your Research Visit and consult the Reading Room Policies prior to visiting the library.